4.19.2009

All decked out

Brian & I have had a full, fun weekend that included a round of golf at MacDonald Golf Course with the Swinging Duffers church golf group and a Saturday night out on the town. The golf outing was a four-person best ball tournament, and our group came in one above par. Not too shabby for my second 18 holes of golf. I was able to contribute to the score with a couple decent drives and two nice putts for par, including one that was about 12 feet long. Sadly, water hazards were not my friends, and I lost four balls because of it. I was a bit bummed because I didn't lose a single ball last week, but Brian reminded me that it's all part of the fun.

Today, Brian came down with a 101-degree fever. Poor guy. I split my time hanging out with him, spending the morning at the flea market with the girls and celebrating Dad's birthday with him tonight. Fortunately, earlier this week before Brian caught his cold, he finished our backyard deck. It's sure to be a gathering place for us, family and friends this summer.


In this photo, Brian is grinning because he's so proud to have his project completed. I think Dakota's just trying to move in on the beer while B's temporarily distracted.

2 comments:

Janice said...

The flea market was great fun and I love my new birdhouse! Thanks for a fun time, Lori. I can't wait to see the deck. Feel better, Brian. Get well hugs from Mom!

Jenn said...

Hmmmm. A man who can build a deck! Let Brian know there is LOTS and LOTS of beer at our house and THREE deck projects we are taking bids on!

Related Posts with Thumbnails