11.22.2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

My favorite quilt I've made reminds me of fall and Thanksgiving because it has so many colors, patterns and textures. To me, it symbolizes the depth and beauty of life's experiences, for which I am truly grateful.

I spent a few hours Wednesday helping with United Methodist Open Door's Thanksgiving distribution, and I met so many people who don't have much. But many were gracious and kind. I chatted with anyone willing to talk as they came and left. "You look like you have your work cut out for you in the kitchen," I told one woman, who collected several sacks of groceries. "Oh, honey," she said, "I do. But it's just such a blessing." What meaningful perspective that exchange gave me for what we celebrate today.

May today's holiday find you with a life filled with rich gifts. And, perhaps more importantly, may you be able to piece them together to create something beautiful. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!


"I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and new."
— Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I am thankful for the mess to clean after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends."
— Nancie J. Carmody

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails