2.18.2009

Wrapped up in love

This week I finished my latest quilting project using a piece of fabric that I bought a year or two ago on eBay. (The Web site actually is a great place to buy quilting supplies and fabric, especially unique items like this, which I've never before seen in a bricks-and-mortar quilt store.) I love it because it looks like newspaper personals, perfect for a romantic kind of newsie.

I paired it with some Valentine's Day fat quarters a Quilt Guild friend gave and sewed this top, inspired by a pattern Mom gave me for Christmas: 5 & Dime by All Washed Up. (I adjusted it quite a bit in order to use as much of my eBay fabric as possible.) The pattern is a good one if you have a focus fabric you're wanting to feature.


I like to name my quilts, and I'm thinking of dubbing this one "Black, White, Pink and Read All Over."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails