2.27.2011

Nine months!


My handsome little 17-pound pumpkin turned nine months old recently, and I can't believe he's been out as long as he's been in. He amazes me every single day, and I still find myself completely overwhelmed with the blessing of being his mom.

He's eating more solid food, including (drum roll, please!) meats. He has had turkey and sweet potatoes, chicken and noodles, chicken and apples and a few other flavors. Yep, he is officially a carnivore. Daddy couldn't be more proud.

He shocked us earlier this month by scaling our 12-step staircase in rapid form. Of course, Mommy was spotting him all the way. When he made it to the landing, I grinned and called him a little turkey. Then I clapped. Then he clapped. Showoff.

In addition to clapping, his repertoire also includes waving and peek-a-boo. His pediatrician is impressed and said those are 11-month milestones. What a little genius.

He's babbling more, yelling, growling, clucking his tongue, making elephant noises ("Elephant kisses!") and making fishy faces. His babbles are more complex, with multiple syllables and sounds. It'll be so fun when he can tell us what's on that sweet and crazy mind of his.

A few additional photos from the past month:

Westley admiring Daddy's acrylic landscape painting, displayed above our bed. West likes to feel the paint's texture.

Westley is a little chipmunk and likes to taste nearly everything, furniture included. He's given my mom (Gigi) a bruise. I explained to her that it was a love bite.

West is a little adrenaline junkie and enjoys being tossed around a bit, like Daddy is doing in this photo. He'll let you know he's loving it with fits of giggles. He has so much fun, it's difficult not to oblige.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails