4.02.2011

Loving the library


Recently, I've introduced Westley to one of my favorite childhood places: the library.

The Wichita Public Library doesn't offer many programs for the littlest book-lovers, especially if you're trying to accommodate a working mama's schedule. But last Friday, I had a comp day at work, so I started my day by taking West to Nursery Rhyme Time (music, rhymes and stories for kiddos two and younger). Of the books they read, my favorite was "Jump!" by Scott M. Fischer.

"Well, I'm a bug. I'm a bug.
I'm a snug little bug,
and I'm sleeping on a jug.
Until I see a frog, and I ...
JUMP!”

The story was interactive, and all the kids jumped when they heard "JUMP!" Westley was giggled and bouncing around and really getting into it.

They also read the two books at left. They were both cute, especially "City Animals" by Simms Taback. I also liked the "Max Loves Sunflowers" book because it seems a good read for a Kansas kiddo.

Westley does so good at story times! He really is interested in the stories and especially in the other kids around him. He observes and definitely is taking mental notes on how the older kids act and play. He's in such a hurry to grow up. Not too fast, my little one!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails