skip to main |
skip to sidebar
My hubby, the triathlete
Brian & I left the house around 7 this morning to head to the downtown YMCA, where he competed in a mini triathlon. That requires a 500-meter swim, six-mile bike ride and two-mile run. Whew! When we left, he was in 11th place with a time of 41.06. I'm so proud.
UPDATE: Brian placed 7th out of 20 in his age group (21- to 34-year-old men) and 22nd out of 98 overall!
I've had a good few days of workouts, too. Since Thursday, I've logged in a mile in the pool, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, 2.25 miles on the elliptical machine and nearly 12 miles on the bike. But my current fitness plan is to continue swimming toward 100 miles. (I'm nearly halfway done!)
A funny side note about this morning: Brian was athlete No. 303. For some bizarre reason, they wrote the number -- in permanent marker no less -- on his arm and leg for the race. We were trying to decide whether his faux ink looks more like a tat that says "Wow" or "Mom." What do you think? (Yes, I'm seizing the opportunity to showcase his crazy-cool arms and tattoo, which he designed and got for his birthday two years ago.)

4 comments:
I vote for "Wow."
Congrats on the triathlon. I always wanted to do that while we lived in Wichita and belonged to the Y but never did. I think it was the swimming that intimidated me.
Keep it up, Lori!
I gotta go with "Wow" too. Cool tattoo. I'll have to do a post about mine someday.
Awesome tattoo.
Yeah, it's totally wow! Aw, another thing we have in common- my hubby runs too! Fun!
Post a Comment