5.06.2008

Young at heart

Sunday was the end-of-the-year bash for the church youth group that Brian & I work with. Hard to believe it's the end of the school year already: Seems like we were just celebrating the beginning of the year. Quite apropos that we played water games and got messy to wrap things up. There was a giant homemade slip-and-slide.








The tweens played in the sprinklers until the church's lawn became a muddy mess.












We dined on cotton candy and sno-cones.













And I did my best to stay out of the messy games. Exhibit A: the egg game. A youth sponsor and youth group member selected eggs to crack on each other's head. The catch? One's hard-boiled. The other's raw.


If Sunday's party didn't make me feel young at heart, this evening did: I scored a 67 percent on the "under 21" quiz in the current GQ Magazine. Score! (Brian & I do recall that such percentage is a passing grade.)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails