Now that our Classic Pooh-themed nursery is well-established, I have my next task ahead: sewing a Classic Pooh quilt. Baby B. will not be short of quilts, even ones handmade by me. I think it's wonderful and that a child cannot have too many. I already have visions of picnics in the park, chilly afternoons at the zoo, snuggly movie nights at home or at the drive-in, etc. And this is too wonderful an experience to pass up, especially after making more quilts than I can count to coordinate with friends' baby nurseries.
I've kept my eyes open and had quilting friends watching for Classic Pooh fabrics in local quilt shops, with no such luck. So I rooted around on eBay and put together this collection of fabrics:

Mom & I plan to shop for additional pieces to round out the collection. And I still have to pick a pattern before I get the project started. (I'm considering the Lucky Stars pattern by Terry Atkinson. It's one of my favorites.)
Meow Meow gave the fabrics her official kitty cat approval by lying on them when I spread them out for the above photo, so I know I'm on the right track.

I've kept my eyes open and had quilting friends watching for Classic Pooh fabrics in local quilt shops, with no such luck. So I rooted around on eBay and put together this collection of fabrics:
Mom & I plan to shop for additional pieces to round out the collection. And I still have to pick a pattern before I get the project started. (I'm considering the Lucky Stars pattern by Terry Atkinson. It's one of my favorites.)
Meow Meow gave the fabrics her official kitty cat approval by lying on them when I spread them out for the above photo, so I know I'm on the right track.
2 comments:
Our HObby Lobby had some classic pooh fabric the last time I was looking around. Will keep my eyes open for ya! And it's true - Lori makes some awesome baby quilts, Colton enjoys his EVERY day!!
Thanks, MaryBeth, for keeping your eyes open and for your sweet compliment about Colton's quilt. That one was especially fun for me to make!
Post a Comment