4.25.2010

Itty bitty babymoon


With two weeks left until our due date, Brian concocted a romantic date night for us last night. We don't have time to take a trip before the baby comes (a la babymoon), but this was the perfect reprieve from projects and other demands that have taken up our time and attention recently.

We started the afternoon at the Wichita State Shockers baseball game and enjoyed some ridiculously delicious pretzels and sunshine in third-row box seats. We ditched the game early when some rainy weather rolled into town so we could dash home and tend to our pups. After the storm blew over, it was on to our next stop: Botanica. Our visit was just past the prime of all the gorgeous tulips, but we found lots of spring blooms -- still raindrop-blessed -- and colors during our peaceful stroll:









We had a quiet dinner at Sabor and then went to see "Oceans". We spent our time together chatting about how much our lives are about to change, how much we can't wait to meet our son or daughter and how blessed we are for it.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Fantastic! This whole post made me smile. I love it when new mamas really enjoy and cherish the miracle of it all, and you have. Thinking great thoughts for you and Baby B. as you head toward the finish line. :)

Suzanne said...

Wait, did I say "finish line?" I meant starting gate. ;-)

How Sam Sees It said...

What a wonderful day! I think you are already truly blessed!

Sam

Jen and Ryan said...

Be careful. Ryan and I went to Botanica and just a few days later Kaden was born!

Related Posts with Thumbnails