I am a mommy!
The statement brings tears to my eyes. I still can't believe it. The last two months have been the most magical, bewildering --and, yes, exhausting -- of my life as I've made the transition to motherhood. Today is my last full-time day of maternity leave, and I've found myself appropriately introspective about how my life has changed in the last eight weeks.
I'm pleased with the decisions I've made to push aside many of my daily trappings (this blog included) to relish the time I've had getting to know my new son. Many times I chose to simply sit and hold him, feel his soft skin, listen to his quiet breathing, rather than check e-mail, dust the living room, etc. And I'm so glad I did. It's time I'll never have again. But now I feel compelled to document the experience before it's too far in the past. My next few posts will do just that.
Thank you to everyone who has loved and supported Brian and me in this new chapter. We've been touched and humbled by the phone calls, visits, gifts, meals and more from family and friends to help us celebrate and adapt to our new life.
The statement brings tears to my eyes. I still can't believe it. The last two months have been the most magical, bewildering --and, yes, exhausting -- of my life as I've made the transition to motherhood. Today is my last full-time day of maternity leave, and I've found myself appropriately introspective about how my life has changed in the last eight weeks.
I'm pleased with the decisions I've made to push aside many of my daily trappings (this blog included) to relish the time I've had getting to know my new son. Many times I chose to simply sit and hold him, feel his soft skin, listen to his quiet breathing, rather than check e-mail, dust the living room, etc. And I'm so glad I did. It's time I'll never have again. But now I feel compelled to document the experience before it's too far in the past. My next few posts will do just that.
Thank you to everyone who has loved and supported Brian and me in this new chapter. We've been touched and humbled by the phone calls, visits, gifts, meals and more from family and friends to help us celebrate and adapt to our new life.
May 18th doesn't seem that long ago. That morning, we loaded up the truck with our "go bags" and headed to the hospital. On the way, we sang along to the Black Eyed Peas ("I gotta feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night") and knew our lives would be forever changed that day.
My final baby bump photo, and our last self-portrait before our son was born:
No comments:
Post a Comment