10.14.2010

So thankful for audio books





I'm more likely to spend my downtime sleeping or doing chores these days, and my reading time has dramatically fallen off. These are three classics, though, that I've enjoyed since Westley was born. I listened to audio books of them while driving and otherwise multitasking. It's been a great way to feed my literary appetite without ignoring my mommy duties.

Brian is on a kick of reading classics, so we've had fun enjoying the Hemingway and Fitzgerald novels together and then discussing literary themes of love, redemption and self-fulfillment. It sure classes up the joint compared to our sleep-deprived conversations about dirty diapers ...

2 comments:

Kennedy said...

I love audio books. I have an audible account and my library offers downloads for my ipod.

Lori said...

Brian has an Audible account, too, and I have a free audio book app on my phone (a Droid X). It makes sneaking away with a good book so much easier.

Related Posts with Thumbnails