On Sunday, Aldersgate hosted its annual "trunk-or-treat" event, where families were invited to trick-or-treat from decorated car to car. The youth group competed against each other with themed booths (Mario Cart, concession stand, tailgate and "Back to the Future").
Westley's costume, which I ordered nearly two weeks ago online, hasn't arrived yet. (Fingers crossed that it makes it here on time.) So Plan B for Sunday's event was a snuggly fuzzy bear winter suit with a hood and bear ears. But it was 77 degrees when we left for the party, so that went out the door, too. Plan C worked out pretty well, though: I dressed him in a matching spider long-sleeved onesie, pants, socks and bib that I scored at my favorite local consignment store (Hannah Banana) for only $7.
The candy-givers were very kind and offered Westley sweets. We declined and said they should keep it for someone with teeth. A friend who is a professional lactation consultant must have been on to something when she handed me a snack-sized treat and asked Westley if he was going to have chocolate milk that night. Ha!
In the newest installment of photos of Westley and his girlfriends, I bring you this:
Brian and I decided not to dress in full costume, but our Chiefs and Saints clothing made us fit in really well by the tailgate area:
Interesting side note: The Chiefs, who typically stink, have the same season record right now as the Saints, the 2010 Super Bowl Champs. On Sunday afternoon, KC won and the Saints lost. It is a very unexpected football season, but a fun one nonetheless.
No comments:
Post a Comment