My friends Mary Beth and Clinton, who live in Derby and are expecting their first child soon, had a cowboy-themed baby shower this afternoon. They're big OSU fans (hey -- we can't all be perfect, right?), so the Cowboy decor fits in well. I'm so glad I took a cue from the shower invitation and made this cowboy quilt:
I started this little project on Sunday and had to scramble to complete it in time, putting the finishing touches on it mere minutes before my friend Nicole picked me up this morning for our Turbokick class at the Y. It also helped that I didn't waste time answering the door when the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Boy Scouts (not together) came a knockin' while I was completing the quilt. (Speaking of Turbokick, if you've never tried it, you should. It's a calorie-burning blast.)
Anyway, not only does this quilt inject some KU-inspired crimson and blue into little C.J.'s young life, it also coordinated perfectly with their western nursery, which I'd never seen before. I love it when that happens! The highlight of the guy/girl shower? When Mary Beth got to feed a blindfolded Clinton six different kinds of baby food. He gagged when he tasted the veggie beef stew, said the mac & cheese variety tasted like cardboard and didn't mind the mangoes so much. I was laughing so hard, I didn't get a photo. Clinton is a former KWCH, Channel 12 news reporter, which is how I first met him. Now he and his wife attend Aldersgate and are members of Connect, the young adult group there.
2 comments:
That quilt is wonderful. I'm working on one for my nephew. You've just inspired me to get the top sewn together TODAY. Thanks!
Good luck! I expect a full report -- and photos -- when it's complete. :O)
Post a Comment