Aldersgate hosted its annual chili cookoff tonight to raise money for GraceMed Health Clinic, which provides health care to those in need. As much as I hate to admit it, the "Nebraska chili" with steak was probably my favorite.Afterward, Brian and I helped the youth group decorate their rooms in the church. Brian got a little carried away with the trimmings ...

Not surprising, there were far more girls than guys, so we were very efficient with our time:


The guys, however, won the creativity prize by figuring out a way to display the too-tall artificial tree. And, yes, Brian adorned it with ping pong paddles when we determined that the tree needed more pieces of flair:

Earlier in the day, my mother-in-law, Mom and I met for lunch and then saw "Quilters" at Wichita Center for the Arts. Great show. We had a lot of fun.

5 comments:
Forget those pink and purple pixies. Brian has found his look for next Halloween.
Oh my. Puh-leeze don't give him any new ideas. (Do I see a pirate-themed Christmas tree costume in his future?)
I wanted to go see "Quilter" (my friend Mary Lou Phipps-Winfrey was in it) but I didn't have the time this weekend. Did I miss it entirely?
Oh no, Chris. It ended Sunday. We actually caught the last show. But if you ever have a chance to see it done elsewhere, you should go. (Your friend, by the way, did a great job.)
Thanks to Lori for once again organizing a fun event for "the moms". Lunch and the quilter's play was wonderful. Love you!
Post a Comment