Brian and I spent the afternoon in Memorial Stadium, witnessing KU put the smack down on Nebraska, 76-39. It's about time. I've seen the Huskers spank the Hawks in Lawrence more times than I care to remember.KU was never a football school when we were students there, so we've been loving the season and really cannot believe the team is undefeated in November with a 9-0 record.


It was Homecoming Weekend, so the game also featured a flyover with two F/A-18 fighter jets and a skydiving team parachuting onto the field.


Winning streak or not, Lawrence is such a beautiful place in the fall. I admired the changing leaves while we were tailgating and spending time on campus. We set up our tailgating spot at 7 a.m. and had breakfast and watched the hundreds of fans roll in. After the game, we returned to our spot for a dinner tailgate. Eric impressed us with his cooking, and his friends entertained us, as they always do. (They're good peeps!)

We also took a stroll down Memorial Drive and walked through the Campanile bell tower, which honors WWII vets. It's a very special place to me because it's where Brian proposed to me when we were students at KU.

The view inside the tower looking up:

1 comment:
Sounds like a great weekend!
Hope your Monday is going ok.
Post a Comment