Brian and I were in Lawrence this weekend to witness KU's win over Iowa State, historic because it's the first time Jayhawk football has ever held a 11-0 record. Woo-hoo! That'll make Saturday's game even more fun to watch. Random coincidence: My brother-in-law's friend's boss from Iowa is a big Iowa State fan. So she and her husband Chris drove down to Lawrence from the game and joined our tailgating party. Turns out Chris and I attended first and second grade together at Lewis & Clark Elementary School in Council Bluffs, Iowa. Our class had about 16 students in it. And we remembered each other. Weird, huh?The Cyclones had an impressive marching band that put KU's to shame. ISU played music from "Pirates of the Caribbean" and formed this cool ship shape. One Hawk fan yelled out, "We're going to sink that ship!"

Lots of KU fans were wearing hilarious shirts. Brian and I agreed that this one is our favorite:
3 comments:
This post is hilarious! I love the t shirt. Do you have season tickets to the football games? You seem like you're always there.
Not season tickets, unfortunately. But we've been lucky enough to be there for three great games this season: Baylor, Nebraska and Iowa State. It's been so much fun! I'm not used to KU being a football school!
MUCK FIZZOU! Is that French?
Post a Comment