Tonight's quilt guild meeting was canceled because of the weather, which turned out not to be so bad after all. But my mom and mother-in-law came over for dinner (spicy slow cooker Southwest chicken soup, rosemary cornbread and pumpkin cobbler a la mode) and movies. We worked on our own sewing projects.
Mom worked on her Nativity scene embroidery.
Janice worked on a snowman votive coaster.
And I got to work cutting and piecing fabric for a pattern I've never tried before: Turning Twenty by quilt designer Tricia Cribbs. So far, so good.Earlier today, I joined my co-workers for a posh party at Bonnie's house. It was quite the event. Bonnie has definitely earned her reputation for being the hostess with the mostest! (I'll let you see and read all about it on my boss' blog. She was smart and brought a digital camera to the shindig.)
2 comments:
Spending time with women I love (with an occasion pop-in from a good-lookin' guy) makes for a perfect evening. Thank you for hosting AGAIN. Could you post the pumpkin cobbler receipe? Yum!!
Sure ... recipe coming to a future blog posting near you!
Post a Comment