4.12.2009

Pet projects


In the past week, Brian & I have been especially busy working on home projects. I've spent several hours helping Brian strip the antique cabinet that he got for his birthday earlier this year.


The darker wood to the left is what the entire cabinet looked like when we bought it. The lighter wood to the right is what it looks like after we've done three rounds of stripping and then sanding the wood down.


Once that task is complete, we'll be ready to stain it. I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's finished and in our house.

Apparently, one wood project isn't enough for Brian. So he's also refinishing our backyard deck, with the help of our friend Tony. (Thank you, T!) We had Tony & Nicole over for a Saturday night cookout to celebrate that project, but it was uncomfortably cool out, so we moved it indoors. I guess we'll have to have another cookout when the weather's warmer. Darn.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails