1.04.2009

Unique antiques

Brian's 31st birthday is just around the corner, and he asked for a Hoosier Cabinet or something similar to refinish. We took a break from Christmas decoration deconstruction this weekend and, during errands to return a few Christmas gifts, went to our favorite antique store, Paramount Antique Mall. (That's where I purchased my cool nightstand/bookcase in April.)

The piece of furniture is a gift to Brian from my parents, his parents and me. It needs a little work, and he says he's looking forward to the project. I suspect that he had so much fun doing our various house projects this fall (tiling, bathroom upgrades, etc.) that he wants to keep it up. I say more power to him! Especially when I get to reap the beautiful benefits of his work.

We've also added a few treasures from the antique mall to our home since April. They include:

a candle sconce we've added to our living room,



















wall accents we hung in our bedroom,













cabinet with lots of storage for Brian's nightstand and an old hotel heater grate cover,


















and an old church pew, which now sits in our living room and helps to create an entryway of sorts. I just happened to already have made a quilt that looks great on it. (It's one that I worked on while spending time with Mom in the hospital last summer, so it holds special meaning to me.) We found the cute throw pillows at Target to tie everything together.


1 comment:

Linda said...

absolutely LOVE the candle sconce!

Related Posts with Thumbnails