9.30.2010

Westley's fourth month

Helping Daddy pick out some new headphones at Best Buy earlier this month. (We think he just liked the box.)

Recent notes about my four-month-old baby boy:
  • Yes, Mommy and Daddy are still sleep-deprived. But Brian and I have worked out a routine in which he puts Westley to bed and then gets up with him in the wee hours of the morning. And then I take the mid-morning hours (4 a.m. or so) and am usually up with him for the day by 5:30 a.m. It allows both of us to get a solid four hours of uninterrupted sleep most nights.
  • We pulled all of the newborn-sized clothing out of Westley's dresser. So tiny! I can't believe my growing boy was that little. It was a more emotional experience than I expected, moreso because of the reality that time -- and childhood -- is so fleeting and so, so precious.
  • A few firsts we witnessed this month: sucking his thumb, pulling the cat's tail, inch-worming his way into the corner of the crib (and crying because he was stuck). He loves to grab my jewelry, which is why I rarely wear necklaces and earrings on evenings and weekends.
  • He's starting to interact more with his toys. A couple of weeks ago, I bought him this musical stuffed seahorse that we named Sarah. It plays soft lullabies and put him to sleep on the first song. So worth $11!

He is growing so fast and amazing me every time I hold him. Doing my best to relish every minute.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails