Today at work, I bought this silly CD at a book sale in which press materials are sold and the proceeds go to charity. Brian looked at me like I had lost my mind when I brought it home and showed it to him.But when I popped the CD in our stereo and fired it up, Dakota and Lilly went crazy and wagged and paced and sniffed to the tune of "Squeaky Deaky."
Lilly especially loved the song. She raised her ears and cocked her head to the side to listen.
And then (I wish I were making this up) after listening to the song for a few minutes, she took off and ran downstairs, returning quickly with her favorite toy, a green Kong which just so happens to make a squeaky sound. We now call it Squeaky Deaky.
Dakota was more a fan of the song "Adventure Dog." He barked when the song started and ran to the door thinking someone was there. Very cute.
6 comments:
You should hire these two out for work on TV. They're too funny!
By the way, I guess "weird record albums" are all the rage.
My friend Amy's baby won't go to sleep unless someone is running a hairdryer, and doing that for a really long time can be a fire hazard. She actually found a CD of the sound of a hairdryer and they play it all night so the baby will sleep.
Who knew?
I think that CD is hilarious. I know a yellow lab who would love it! And sometimes I fall asleep while blow-drying my hair. Just kidding!
Until now I thought that all we sold at the book sale was junk. I'm so happy to hear differently. "Squeaky Deaky" is my favorite.
Maria: A CD of a hairdryer blowing? That's even more bizarre than "Squeaky Deaky."
Jaime: You can borrow my CD anytime. :O)
For your dogs who speak Spanish, there's also "Squeaky Juguete" to the tune of "Squeaky Deaky." Listen to it at www.petcds.com.
Post a Comment