One of my favorite things to do while I'm on vacation is to curl up and leisurely read a good book. After really getting into the book yesterday morning at Copper Oven (where they have the best Chai Lattes in town), I stayed up late last night reading "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho.It'll be an interesting conversation at book club next week. I know several people in my book club thought it a bit too preachy or Pollyannaish. I, on the other hand, really enjoyed it. The "code" the book uses, with talk of Personal Legends and Soul of the World, is a bit strange, I'll admit. But I'll save that discussion for next week ...
No matter what you think of it, the book is extremely quotable. A few of my favorite lines:
"In order to arrive you must follow the signs. God inscribed on the world the path that each man must follow. It is just a matter of reading the inscription he wrote for you."
"The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them."
"When every day seems the same, it is because we have stopped noticing the good things that appear in our lives."
No comments:
Post a Comment