5.27.2008

Marvelous Mom

Many of you know that Mom is in Wesley's Medical Intensive Care Unit after having respiratory failure last Thursday. Right now, she is in critical condition and is sedated and on a ventilator. The doctors performed a successful tracheotomy today to help her breathe, and my family and I believe that this is a vital step to successful recovery. Mom is a fighter, and she loves life, and we have faith that she's going to wow us all as she continues to heal.

Thanks to all of you who have shared your love, prayers and support during the past week. It's been a very difficult time, and I know we'll need the help of the people who love Mom and our family to see us all through it. While she's on all of our hearts and minds, I wanted to share some of my favorite photos of her from the past several months.



12 comments:

Linda said...

So sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she is on the road to recovery. It sounds like love will get her there. I will keep her in my prayers.

Kendra said...

Lori, I have notified the quilt guild and very soon many, many more prayers will be lifted for your sweet mama. Please share with her how loved she is. Love to you too!

Kendra McBroom

Lori said...

Thank you Linda and Kendra! We can use all the prayers we can get!

Jaime said...

Your mama will kick this in the a-double-s. Your family is very much in my thoughts.

Kathryn said...

Lori-I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she recovers quickly.

Kennedy said...

We're thinking about your mom, you, and the rest of your family.

Unknown said...

Lisa told me about your mom last week, Lori. I've been thinking about you and your family. Sending good karma your mom's way.

Amanda said...

MY MOM ROCKS!

It's 8 a.m. and just got a call from Dad. Mom's been breathing on her own for an hour!

This isn't over yet, but Mom's ready to take names and kick some tail like O'Tooles do.

Friends and family, continue your prayers. They're being answered. WAHOOOOOOO!

o2lquilts said...

lori, jenny, amanda and guyz - dennis & I have kept you lifted up all weekend, and will continue to do so until your mom is home safe and sound. love to you all.....denise

Jenn said...

Uhg!!! I am so so so sorry that your mom is sick! We are praying for her fast recovery!

Anonymous said...

Lori, tell your mom to hurry and get better soon. we need her at the quilt till you wilt club.

Paula, a quilter fiend.

Lori said...

your mom is so lucky to have such a loving and supportive family. she'll be home before you know it, and better than ever. my thots are with you everyday.

Related Posts with Thumbnails