10.19.2008

Denver diversions

Brian & I rolled back into town late Saturday night, and we've spent today mostly with Jen & Kaden. We had a wonderful, relaxing and adventurous Colorado vacation. I'll share a bit about it in this post, with more to come later this week.

(Also, a special thanks to Amanda, who was by guest blogger while I was away. I wasn't able to comment on the road, but I did read her posts and hope that she starts a blog of her own soon!)


Our first stop was Denver, where we attended a Sunday morning service at Trinity United Methodist Church, touted as the city's oldest church. The choir was impressive, and we enjoyed the architecture of the beautiful building.


We also think the person in charge of the downtown church's parking lot has a wicked sense of humor.

While in the Denver area, we stayed at
Boston Commons. I'd highly recommend it. It's owned by the same people who run the Holtz in the Kansas City area, where Brian & I like to stay. When Brian checked us in last week, the woman at the front desk thought he was charming and gave us a free suite upgrade. Score!




Our Denver adventures included lunch at the Breckenridge Brewery (their Wild Raspberry Beer on tap is tasty); gawking at the Monet, Picasso and Houdon pieces at the Denver Art Museum; and shopping at the REI headquarters. We realized that people in Colorado are insane about their Starbucks. And we laughed when we saw a homeless man downtown with a sign that said, "Will kidnap mother-in-law for beer."

We also took photos at the downtown Civic Center, which had gorgeous gardens, public art and a Greek amphitheater:

3 comments:

Jen and Ryan said...

I still think you should post the picture of Brian throwing the snowball!

Chris said...

Welcome home! Glad you had a wonderful trip. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Jenn said...

Welcome home! You look beautiful and I love the pictures so far!

Related Posts with Thumbnails