10.24.2009

The wedding singer, take two

For the second time this summer, Brian & I headed out of town so we could sing in the wedding of someone dear to us. This time, we were off to Kansas City for the marriage of my cousin Kayleen and her hubby Peter. Brian & I sang "Lucky" (a la Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat.) It was a fabulous party, a glorious celebration. It was also a family reunion of sorts, with more aunts, uncles and cousins from more states than I can count.


The happy couple

My cousins, the knock-outs: Dede, Brighid (who delivered The Funniest Wedding Toast I've Ever Heard in my Life) & Kayleen. (Like Kayleen, my two sisters were maids of honor in my wedding. It was a special parallel between her wedding and mine.)

My entire immediate family, from left: nephews Christopher and Andrew, brother Shawn and sister-in-law Karla; Brian & me; Mom & Dad; Amanda & Kurtis; Kaden, Jen & Ryan.

The extended family, with my dad, most of his seven siblings and their families. (There were more than a dozen aunts, uncles and cousins who couldn't attend. Told you my Irish Catholic family was big, folks.)

The wedding ceremony and reception were at the lovely Grand Loft in Osawatomie, Kan.

The elegant head table

Shawn & Andrew

Kurtis & Amanda

I love this photo of my sister Jen. Isn't she stunning?

Grandma & grandson

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails