10.24.2009

Octoberfest

Among other festivities this month, Amanda, Brian & I attended the wedding of our friends Jaime & Carter at the breathtaking Bartlett Arboretum in Belle Plaine.

We joined Brian's family, Tony & Nicole and Tony's parents for the New York Giants-Chiefs game at Arrowhead. For Brian & me, it was our annual football road trip. For a few in our group, it was a first NFL game. So we had a unique tailgating party with red and blue jerseys, a ton of food and a gorgeous fall day:

Eric & Brian

From left: Nicole, Mario (in front), Tony, Eric, Janice & Brian



Sunday afternoon, Arrowhead Stadium
Final score: NY Giants 27, KC Chiefs 16

Although we lost, it was fun to see Eli Manning play in person ... and to spend a day among friends and family, of course.

I went to quilt guild with Mom & Janice and finished my latest project just in time for fall. Meow Meow gave her stamp of approval, and I happen to think it looks rather lovely on the antique pew in our living room.















And we've been flying our KU flag on game days. KU was undefeated when we hung this puppy up last Saturday morning. They've had one loss since and aren't looking too good today. Brian & I are watching -- and cringing -- while we get some things done around the house today.


Molly, who is hanging out with us today, has been a frequent guest, which we love. Dakota & Lilly can expend quite a bit of energy during a day playing with her.


I promise it won't be another two months before I post another blog update. Stay tuned ...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails