The -6 degree low temps nearly set a record last week. Schools canceled classes, banks and medical clinics shut down. I wore hiking socks and boots to work all week and snapped this photo from the newsroom downtown:
OldTown? Try ColdTown!
Brian and I stayed home in the evenings as much as possible. And I enjoyed a couple of mugs of my new favorite hot chocolate, Archer Farms Dark Chocolate.

I had to snap the above photo of our thermometer to contrast this picture from last summer:

The next morning, the thermometer read -2 degrees. But I was too cold to pad across the tile floor to snap a new picture.
OldTown? Try ColdTown!Brian and I stayed home in the evenings as much as possible. And I enjoyed a couple of mugs of my new favorite hot chocolate, Archer Farms Dark Chocolate.
I had to snap the above photo of our thermometer to contrast this picture from last summer:
The next morning, the thermometer read -2 degrees. But I was too cold to pad across the tile floor to snap a new picture.
This snowstorm has not been as much fun as January's. My car got stuck in snowdrifts, my windshield cracked (and needs to be replaced) after being exposed to the extreme cold temps. And Westley wasn't feeling well enough for us to bundle him up and go out and play. And now all the snow is melting and causing the yard to become a giant mud pie. Is it too early to wish for spring?
No comments:
Post a Comment