I'm always grateful for the perspective volunteering offers me. The simple act of working alongside my friend to stack lunch meat and cheese for people in need was meditative.
Meanwhile, my hubby was at our cozy home cooking us grilled chicken and pesto tortellini. I must admit that I felt a bit guilty when we soon thereafter cracked open a bottle of a new favorite school night wine, 2005 Robert Mondavi Fume Blanc, and sat down to eat together.
No matter what's brewing in my life, I have nothing to complain about. I am blessed, for one thing, with people who love me and want to make the world a better place, one lunch meat sandwich at a time. And to that I raise a glass and a prayer.
"Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow."
— Swedish Proverb
2 comments:
Amen sister!
You are so uplifting. I love to read your blog so I can remember how good we have things.
Post a Comment