10.20.2008

Boulder buys


After spending time in Denver, Brian & I headed to Estes Park via Boulder, where we stopped to shop at Pearl Street Mall. (I loved the outdoor district's flower gardens and newspaper distribution boxes.)






The college town reminded me a lot of Lawrence, and there were lots of boutiques where we found unique items, including these "Already Been Chewed" gingerbread cookie cutters. They may be the perfect kitchen gadget for that transition time between Halloween and the Christmas season ...


The destination store for us, though, was Jake Rocks, a Life is Good boutique. I've mentioned before that Brian & I are big fans of the brand, not to be confused with Life is Crap, a parody brand that we first spotted earlier this year when we were shopping in Taos, N.M.

I guess it's just a matter of perspective:






3 comments:

Jeff C said...

Hey Lori,

I really like your blog. I loved all those different shots of Denver, and Boulder just seems absolutely beautiful this time of year. I'll always have a soft spot for the area, because I proposed to my wife in a little lodge in Breckenridge. It's such a breathtakingly beautiful part of the country, don't you think?

Anyway, I hope this is cool, but I found you while searching for Wichita-area bloggers, and I kind of had this weird favor to ask you...

I'm a writer and cartoonist and my brand new syndicated comic strip - "DeFlocked" (endorsed by Larry David) - is one of several new comics up for a vote in your daily paper, The Eagle. I'm earnestly looking for some local support.

Would you mind checking out my strip at www.deflocked.com, and, if you like my sense of humor, maybe go here and pull the lever for DeFlocked: http://www.kansas.com/comicssurvey/
It would only take a second, and it would be a HUGE help to me. They also seem to let you vote as often as you like.

Voting ends November 1, so if you could - PLEASE spread the word!!

Thanks, Lori - I really really appreciate it. Have a nice rest of the week and keep up the great work on the blog!

Jeff Corriveau
jeff@deflocked.com

Unknown said...

NICE

Janice said...

I think the Life is Good sayings should appear on the same shirt. The Life is Good on the front and Life is Crap on the back. That would be funny.

Related Posts with Thumbnails