I've been enjoying reminiscing about my Colorado trip this week. We spent two of the days on the hiking trail. On day No. 1, we hiked a round-trip six miles up to a mountain lake, Mills Lake (pictured above). We had a picnic lunch and went fishing ... but didn't catch any fish. It was worth the hike, though:





We ended the day on a much more leisurely (and level!) nature trail. Per my vacation tradition, I took a photo of a seat with a view. I love to imagine myself sitting in these beautiful places later:

On our second day of hiking, we made a four-mile round-trip to the Calypso Cascades. Embarking on our journey, we realized that we may have company. This warning sign was pretty freaky. Fortunately, all the mountain lions kept their distance. Check out the last tip on this sign, and notice how the mountain lion image looks like a cops' "wanted" pencil sketch:

We were not deterred, and thank goodness. It was another gorgeous hike:






We ended the day on a much more leisurely (and level!) nature trail. Per my vacation tradition, I took a photo of a seat with a view. I love to imagine myself sitting in these beautiful places later:

We were not deterred, and thank goodness. It was another gorgeous hike:
2 comments:
Lori,
You are really an amazing photographer! You have so many beautiful shots. They are amazing.
Why, thank you. But to be fair, I must disclose that Brian did help to capture our vacation in photos. (I will point out, however, that he made fun of me for how camera-happy I was being. At one point when I kept taking pictures of him, he said, "What is this? Senior picture day?") Ha!
Post a Comment