12.07.2008

Wedding snapshots

I have lots to tell about my wonderful December, but before I say goodbye to November on my blog, I wanted to share photos from Meagan's shower and wedding a few weeks ago:

My mother-in-law Janice hosted the shower and had her niece, the fall bride, wear a leaf veil during the luncheon. Meagan was a bit embarrassed at first, but she still looked gorgeous and was a good sport to boot.



Friends and family from across the country attended the wedding festivities for the weekend:


Meagan received a lot of thoughtful gifts, included several that were homemade. Brian's (& Meagan's) grandmother gave her a cake plate that she painted years ago. She's 91 now, and her eyes and hand aren't what they used to be, she explained, so she hasn't painted in years. What a meaningful family heirloom. Brian & I were blessed with a hand-painted plate from Grandma for our wedding in 2001.


I love this photo of Grandma and Meagan's step-grandmother on her mom's side of the family:


Meagan also received handmade napkins and napkin rings from her mother-in-law. Meagan's new husband's family has a fun tradition: Each family member has their signature napkin ring that represents something about themselves. At family dinners, they use the napkin rings in lieu of place cards. Meagan's mother's side of the family has a tradition of wearing rings made of antique spoons (Meagan is wearing hers in this photo), so Stephen's mom made the newlyweds napkin rings from old spoons. It's a special combination of two family traditions to share together.


Meagan & Stephen were married at Grace Presbyterian Church, which is just a block away from where Brian & I were married. Here's me at the reception with the beautiful bride and Meredith, the older sister and maid of honor, who is engaged to be married in the Washington, D.C. area in March. (This photo and the next, of Brian & me before we cut a rug on the dance floor, are courtesy of Janice.)




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails