A work conference took me to Missouri in May 2011. It was my first time away from Westley James, and it was simultaneously grueling and freeing. I called home often and enjoyed some time away. Funny how life changes, though. I declined the invitations for drinks and mingling with associates in the evenings to head back to my wonderfully quiet hotel room for bubble baths, magazines and, of course, sleep! I shared a pot of coffee and a morning of conversation with one of my favorite uncles before leaving town. And I also brought my camera and had some fun on a little side trip:
I also stopped by a quilt store on my way home and picked up a few things for me and a few things for some of my favorite quilters.
I made it back to Wichita in time for a dinner date with my two boys. It was good to be away, but better to be home.
No comments:
Post a Comment