10.23.2008

Cheers to beers

Our last stop on our Colorado trip last week was Fort Collins, where we stayed in the beautiful historic Armstrong Hotel. And the perk of the unique hotel was that we were able to check out the complimentary -- and extremely cool -- red New Belgium bicycles. We rode several miles around town on a tour of the breweries. Appropriately, our first stop was the New Belgium Brewery, where we sample the sweet nectar (my favorite was Old Cherry), took a behind-the-scenes tour and slid down the indoor twisty slide. Yep. It was a completely sophisticated day:

















After that, we checked out the Fort Collins Brewery, home to Major Tom's Pomegranate Wheat. There, I liked the smokey Z Lager and Retro Red.


Next up: Odell Brewing Co., where I most liked the Extra Special Red, a single-batch beer that I hadn't even heard of before.


We ended the day with dinner at CooperSmiths, a favorite local brewpub. I toasted the end of the vacation with their Brother Adam's Raspberry Mead. Ahhhh. I love vacation.

2 comments:

Janice said...

That looks like it was a lot of fun. Your Uncle Paul would have thought you had the best the world has to offer...bike, beer and mountains!!

Unknown said...

Of course you liked the Extra Special Red: A great beer for an extra special redhead! Like you didn't think of, or hear that one yet.

All your vacation pics are wonderful. Nicely documented. Glad you had fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails