10.22.2008

Colorado critters

We kept our eyes peeled for wildlife (the horses we rode not included) during our trip. Here are a few animals we spotted:











I had to work to get these three species to all pose similarly for the camera, heads turned over right shoulders. It's all the rage in fashion photos right now, so I thought I'd see if it would work for me in the great outdoors:


Elk were everywhere. We saw them on roadways, highways, a golf course, someone's front lawn and especially in Rocky Mountain National Park. It was unreal to hear their shrill bugles. I saw one nursing and another tearing apart a residential tree with its rack.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Beautiful pictures! Both in this post and in the previous one. I'm living vicariously through your vacation photos!

Janice said...

Awesome pics. I think the last one is my favorite. I would like a print of that one please!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails