Tonight I purchased a copy of "Twilight" by Stephenie Meyer. It's my book club's October read. (Check out the poster for the movie scheduled for release later this year. I've included a movie trailer below, too.) Not quite a thriller or a horror book, but the vampire element of this young adult romance novel certainly fits our October tradition of having a Halloween-appropriate selection. (Past October books have included "Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers" by Mary Roach and "Rebecca" by Daphne du Maurier.)When I was buying "Twilight" at Target, I ran into one of my favorite youth group girls (she's a high school senior) who said it's a great book. Fortunately, I'll have lots of time soon to soak it up on vacation.
6 comments:
Jenn just bought this book and said it was great. I may need to borrow someone's copy. Let me know if it's any good.
You can be the first to borrow mine! I thought you might be interested in it. :O)
I really enjoyed the Twilight series. They are a quick read.
I loved it! Perfect for a vacation book!! I am going to read all of them so you can borrow mine if you don't mind books that have been in the bathtub :)
I enjoyed it. Very quick reads - you'll probably want to read the whole series once you finish it!
I just finished it this week. And I have to say that the subject matter was incredibly fascinating to me.
Post a Comment