12.09.2008

Snow day!

For the second consecutive year, the December quilt guild meeting was canceled because of wintry weather. I'm bummed because I was looking forward to hearing from the speaker, a Wichita pattern and fabric designer who is a friend of mine, Jackie Clark. With icy roads and a snow-covered winter wonderland beyond our door (Baby, it's cold outside!), Brian & I are hunkering down inside. We plan to do some holiday baking and soon will enjoy homemade beef and leek stew for dinner. And, considering that tonight is supposed to be devoted to quilts, I intend to curl up under one soon and stay warm. (I may even work on the binding on one that I've been hoping to finish soon.)

The snow was quite a shock to the pups this morning (just look at poor Kody in the picture above), but they had fun playing in it this evening. It's evidence yet again that Lilly never has met a ball she didn't like to catch, snow or otherwise:



Fun and games aside, it's a good thing Brian got the Christmas lights up Friday before the cold front moved in. (I hadn't realized this when I snapped the photo, but if you double-click the image to enlarge it, you can see that Meow Meow is sitting at the front door.)

2 comments:

Linda said...

our cats love to sit at the front door and watch outside activity too!

Jenn said...

OK I am ready for another update!! (Hope you are having a wonderful holiday season!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails