2.08.2009

It's February!

Of course, most of humanity has known it's been February for about a week now, but this weekend is the first time in more than a week that I haven't been completed beaten down by a super nasty cold. I slept all last weekend and missed a fabulous Super Bowl party, among other social events. I've not had the energy to exercise or do anything besides work, really. Sometimes it's just necessary to hunker down and heal. This household knows: As soon as I started feeling better, Brian started feeling worse. Now it's my turn to play nurse. The opportunity did lead me today to invent a new soup recipe using random ingredients we had on hand. I'm calling it Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Vegetable Soup.

Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Vegetable Soup
1 celery stalk
1 carrot (I used about eight baby carrots)
1/2 yellow onion
1 jar sliced mushrooms
1/2 can fiesta corn
1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 can chicken broth
1 can condensed mushroom soup
3 fresh sage leaves
4 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 cup egg noodles
**
Chop aromatics. Add them, mushrooms (don't drain), corn (do drain), pepper, sage, soups and one can of water in a soup pot. Heat on medium-high heat until boiling. Add chicken and noodles (uncooked). Reduce heat to medium and cook 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Remove sage leaves before serving.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails