2.18.2009

Word!


Brian & I have played seven games of Scrabble in the past week. We used to play it all the time, but the game has been tucked away for months. We dusted it off and started a series of tournaments. I won two games. He won two. I won two. He one another. (Not that I'm keeping track.) I took the above picture on Valentine's Day and swear that I didn't intentionally place the word "mine" at the top of the board in a so-sweet-it's-disgusting homage to the "Be mine" holiday. Honest!

A few related thoughts:

1. Brian admitted to me while we were playing that his handsome new glasses have earned him the nickname "Brian Palin" at work. Ha. Do I think it's a fitting moniker for my cutie? You betcha!


2. I was glad that, in the midst of our Scrabble babble, another guy stopped by our house unexpectedly to ask me to be his Valentine. I accepted his offer -- and his chocolate. (The guy was my father-in-law. How lucky can a girl get on Feb. 14?!)




3. Meow Meow always loves to hang out in the Scrabble box when we have the game out. I wonder if she realizes that's not the front of the line to take a ride on our rockin' Scrabble Deluxe Turntable Edition ...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails