Now nearly recovered from my cold (I'm still a bit tired and have a mild headache), I've been able this weekend to do some of my favorite things. On Saturday, I went to Turbo Kick at the Y. I love that class, a combination of kick boxing and aerobics. (If you ever want to work up a serious sweat on a Saturday morning, give me a call!) Then I piled the pups in the car and headed out to treat myself to a cup of strawberry deliciousness at Smoothie King. (Dakota seemed bummed that I didn't share.)

Then I headed over to Mom's, where we both worked on quilting projects. We had a date to do so last weekend, another thing I had to cancel because of my nasty cold. We are working on a new block-of-the-month sampler through Picket Fence Quilt Co., and these are the blocks for January:

We took breaks to admire the unseasonably warm day. Lucy, Mom's kitty, was doing the same, napping underneath the picnic table on the deck:

Before joining my parents for prime rib dinner at Cy's Place in Sedgwick (an out-of-the-way small-town Kansas favorite with impressively good food), I snapped this photo of the gorgeous sky:

Then I headed over to Mom's, where we both worked on quilting projects. We had a date to do so last weekend, another thing I had to cancel because of my nasty cold. We are working on a new block-of-the-month sampler through Picket Fence Quilt Co., and these are the blocks for January:
We took breaks to admire the unseasonably warm day. Lucy, Mom's kitty, was doing the same, napping underneath the picnic table on the deck:
Before joining my parents for prime rib dinner at Cy's Place in Sedgwick (an out-of-the-way small-town Kansas favorite with impressively good food), I snapped this photo of the gorgeous sky:
No comments:
Post a Comment