12.18.2009

Womb with a view


Tuesday was an absolutely amazing, miraculous day for Brian & me. We had our 20-week sonogram, and the sonographer and doctor said our little one looks as healthy as can be at this point.

Committed to our plan to wait until the baby is born to find out if we're having a son or daughter, we wore "Don't tell us" name tags during the appointment. That drew laughs from a woman in the waiting room, as well as from our sonographer, who instructed us when to look away from the screen in order to maintain the surprise. I also had to cover my eyes so I wouldn't peek. But I can't wait for that day in May when the doctor announces the gender seconds before I hold my baby in my arms.

The ultrasound was amusing and touching. We saw Baby B. waving arms and wiggling. We were in awe at the button nose, round cheeks, tiny toes and strong spine. And I whisper a prayer of thanksgiving each time I remember how the heart flickered onscreen. The sonographer pointed out the heart's four chambers to us.

I am humbled and in awe.

And I got all I want for Christmas.

A few additional photos from our appointment:

Baby feet

Baby lips, nose and right arm (over eyes)

When I showed my sister Amanda these photos tonight, she pointed out that I often sleep exactly like that with my forearm across my eyes.

Baby face, with left hand raised

My favorite part of the ultrasound was when this last photo was taken. We saw our baby curl and uncurl that little hand, almost as if he or she was waving to us.

See you soon, little one. We love you.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

Well, those are just the cutest feet I've ever seen! Congratulations!!!

Suzanne said...

Awwwww. So cute!! Congratulations again. I'm incredibly excited for you. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these beautiful pics!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails