He started the day with his annual golf tournament with the guys. I'm very proud of my husband: Inspired by a sad scene we witnessed of men waiting in the cold to check into a drop-in shelter downtown, Brian asked all of the tourney participants to bring a pack of socks to donate. Because of Brian's request, he will donate 76 pairs of men's tube socks to a socks-for-the-homeless drive at our church.
While he was goofing around on the greens, Nicole & I went to an aerial photo exhibit at the Wichita Art Museum. It was fascinating and relaxing -- perfect for a sunny Saturday afternoon.
That evening, we met up with friends in Old Town. We dined at Old Chicago and chilled at Oeno (where I discovered they have a very tasty virgin Mojito -- who knew?).
I realized in the midst of our meal that Brian's age is double the number 16. So we deemed the party his Super Sweet 16. (Stay tuned for his Super Duper Sweet 16, coming in 2026.)
Some photos from the evening:
2 comments:
Sounds like a great celebration! You guys are so cute!
Can I have the recipe for that cake?! :)
thanks!
Jordan
Thanks, Jordan! :)
Enjoy:
Chocolate Cherry Cake
1 chocolate fudge cake mix
1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
2 eggs
1 teaspoon almond extract
***
Mix by hand. Pour in a greased 9-by-13-inch pan. Bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
Chocolate Icing
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup milk
5 tablespoons butter
6 ounces chocolate chips
***
Boil first three ingredients one minute and add chocolate chips. Ice cake once it has cooled. Stir the icing occasionally while cooling.
Post a Comment