The past week has been the most "normal" my life has been since late May, which is a wonderful, wonderful thing.
Mom has been home from the hospital for a month. She had her eighth and final visit from her physical therapist today. And tonight, she, Janice and I spent two hours at a jewelry party. Mom looked so cute in a new black & white outfit and walked with just her cane. If you would have told me in late May that I would spend time with Mom at a jewelry party in just a couple of months, I would have hugged you and cried tears of joy and relief. Last week, Mom & I hauled her wheelchair out to Kohl's for a shopping trip. It was my first shopping outing with her since our April bargain shopping day. What a blessing.
Janice & I went to quilt guild last week, where she showed the crowed the Christmas quilt I gave her. It completed a set of five generations worth of quilts that she now treasures.
Jen & I have been preparing for Amanda's wedding shower, which is later this month. I've been working on a special project for a special mommy-to-be. Nicole & I got pedicures this weekend.
Brian & I went to the drive-in ("WALL-E" is adorable. "Hancock" is awful.) We attended a dinner and game night at church. (You gotta love Apples to Apples. Great game.) And, thanks to a generous gift from my dad, Brian & I took his parents to our first Wichita Wingnuts game. Unfortunately, the home team lost ... and we didn't get to see an exciting outburst like this one, which attracted nationwide media attention last week.
I must say this: Life is normal. Life is good.
Mom has been home from the hospital for a month. She had her eighth and final visit from her physical therapist today. And tonight, she, Janice and I spent two hours at a jewelry party. Mom looked so cute in a new black & white outfit and walked with just her cane. If you would have told me in late May that I would spend time with Mom at a jewelry party in just a couple of months, I would have hugged you and cried tears of joy and relief. Last week, Mom & I hauled her wheelchair out to Kohl's for a shopping trip. It was my first shopping outing with her since our April bargain shopping day. What a blessing.
Jen & I have been preparing for Amanda's wedding shower, which is later this month. I've been working on a special project for a special mommy-to-be. Nicole & I got pedicures this weekend.
Brian & I went to the drive-in ("WALL-E" is adorable. "Hancock" is awful.) We attended a dinner and game night at church. (You gotta love Apples to Apples. Great game.) And, thanks to a generous gift from my dad, Brian & I took his parents to our first Wichita Wingnuts game. Unfortunately, the home team lost ... and we didn't get to see an exciting outburst like this one, which attracted nationwide media attention last week.I must say this: Life is normal. Life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment