One year ago today, I swam my first mile. That was a difficult day. It took me more than an hour. And I fell asleep the second I collapsed on the couch when I got home afterwards. Today -- 2,616 laps and more than 72 miles later -- I can thank swimming for helping me shed pounds and inches. I found a swimsuit I love to wear. (That's a rare treat for any woman, right? Mine's made by Dolfin and is unbelievably durable and comfortable.) I can clock in a mile in less than 40 minutes and still be up for whatever the day has in store. Recently, swimming helped me deal with the stress of Mom's hospital stay. It helps me feel strong physically and emotionally.
My next goal: To join the 100-mile club.
Only 1,020 laps to go.
5 comments:
Congratulations! That's awesome.
Good for you, Lori!
Great job Lori!! I'm impressed.
Lori, there's a little surprise awaiting you on Tuesday's While Walking Duncan. Thanks for everything and all you've written. I love your blog!
Curt, Thank you for your kind words. I'm very flattered.
Post a Comment