Brian & I joined our friends Tony & Nicole for a week in Padre Island. It was fun, relaxing and the perfect antidote to the crazy summer I've had. Fortunately, Dolly kept her distance and the sunshine, SPF 70, adult beverages and fresh seafood were in abundance. We found a spot on the beach, turned up the music, kicked back and sang along to Sheryl Crow's "Soak Up The Sun." Ahhhh. If only you could bottle the feel of sand in your toes, ocean breezes and wide open beaches and schedules. Vacation, indeed.Jealous yet? At left is the view from my lounge chair, where I read magazines and a chick lit novel and chatted up a storm with Nicole.
We tried out bodyboarding ...


... and found buried treasure:



And while the girls were enjoying the simpler things in life (including our front-row seats to a little view of heaven, feeding the friendly seagulls and taking advantage of the perfectly timed arrival of the man who sold ice cream novelties out of a cart he pushed up and down the beach), the boys headed out for an all-day deep sea fishing excursion, catching the tastiest snapper I've ever had for dinner. They spotted dolphins in the ocean, too:




Brian & I returned to work today. But I've been secretly relishing the sand I'm still finding in my car and the photos of our getaway. More pictures to come soon!
3 comments:
What beautiful pictures! Sounds like just what the doctor ordered.
I stumbled across your blog with surfing through Curt's "While Walking Duncan" blog.
I love your pictures!
Looks beautiful. I'm jealous! You SO deserved a getaway! Good for you!
Post a Comment