1.20.2010

Nursery news

Brian has been doing lots of fantastic work in our guest-room-turned-nursery. It's been amazing watching the space take shape:

Step 1: Painting the walls

After painting a coat of "Toasted Pecan", Brian & I agreed the color was, well, too yellow. So we opted for "Like Butter" for our baby's room.






The pets supervised:




Step 2: Getting ready for the watercolor paintings

Brian is going to paint three watercolor paintings for the main wall in the nursery. To offset those, he painted and framed two large rectangles and a smaller square painted with "Swiss Chocolate" and "Champagne Tickle".




Step 3: Hanging the window treatments

Brian's brother Eric was visiting last weekend for Brian's 32nd birthday, so the boys worked together on this project. (I cooked sausage egg casserole for brunch ... recipe to follow in a subsequent post, per Mom's request.)




I'm especially excited for Thursday, when our baby furniture is schedule to be delivered. I've already made the point that Baby B. will have a better bedroom set than Mommy & Daddy. But that is not a bad thing at all. Hopefully our priorities stay just that way for many, many years.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

I can't wait to see the artwork that is going inside of "Swiss Chocolate" and "Champagne Tickle."

Marty said...

Confused! What are the big rectangles that are surrouded by molding. They look like "blackboard paint". Does something go inside those rectantles.

Looking forward to the recipe for the egg casserole. Marty

Lori said...

Marty, the two framed rectangles and square soon will house watercolor paintings that Brian has planned. He mostly has done oil paintings in the past, so it'll be fun to see what my hubby-artist has up his sleeve!

Related Posts with Thumbnails