
Swimming is an important activity for Brian and me. He grew up in a pool, competing in swim club, lifeguarding and teaching lessons. The money he made cleaning a local private pool in the mornings helped him buy my engagement ring. I took swimming lessons as a child but came to love it in recent years when I rediscovered it as an incredibly effective and relaxing form of exercise. Without knowing how to swim and feeling comfortable in the water, we wouldn't have been able to bodyboard in Padre, enjoy the Ozarks or explore one of our favorite pieces of the great outdoors.
We plan to enroll Westley in his first swimming class this fall. To acclimate him to the water -- and to make the most of this horribly hot summer -- we've taken him swimming about a half dozen times already. He was clearly out of his element the first couple of times. He's bothered less now, though, when his face gets wet. He's so brave, and I'm amazed at how inspired I can be by an 11-week old baby.
Here are some pictures from a recent afternoon at the pool:





Click to see additional photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment