12.29.2010

Christmas morning at home


We started off our Christmas Day celebrations with a quiet morning at home with our customary cinnamon French toast and gift exchange. I vowed to only snap a few pictures so I could actively enjoy the day without the preoccupation of capturing it all in photos. A few scenes:





Westley was more interested in the wrapping paper and the tape on the packages than the gifts themselves. And, of course, he loved a $4 stocking stuffer more than the $80 floor gym. It was wonderful.

As always, Santa came for the pets. Dakota and Lilly got new collars, rawhides and new bones. Meow Meow got a kitty toy ... and liquid cat nip in a squirt bottle. Meow!

Brian was very thoughtful in his gift-giving. He gave me two wonderful books about raising boys and, in a fitting complement, a Shiatsu back-massaging chair cushion. Ahhh.

His favorite gift from me was a recordable book. I enlisted some help so that Westley's Great-Grandma can read my boys the story "The Very First Christmas" every Christmas.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails