12.22.2010

Seven months!


The Christmas season has been such a wonderful time to have a baby. I've been experiencing the sights and sounds anew through Westley, who turned seven months old this week. It's crazy that he's closer to his first birthday than to the day he was born. Where is that pause button?!

My heart still swells when I hold my little boy, and I feel so blessed as the holiday approaches.

West must have heard the "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" song. He's cutting his left front tooth! Once again, thank goodness for Baby Orajel. Sometimes that's the only thing that will stop the crying. Poor little thing. Growing up is hard work. And I truly mean that.

West's biggest milestone this month has been (wait for it, wait for it) crawling! One night Brian and I were eating dinner while relaxing on the couch and watching TV (multitasking is key these days). We were letting West play on the floor in front of us on a blanket with some of his toys. He was crying and reaching for me, so I coaxed him to come get me. And Brian and I watched in awe as the little squirt crawled my way. Yay!


That means, now with a little mobile man, we've been on the go a lot. We're saving all the baby-proofing business until after the holidays, but he has given me a couple of near-heart attacks already. He loves to go for lots of things he shouldn't, including the kitty bowls (empty or full), any cords or wires (eeeep!), paper and magazines (he loves helping me sort coupons) and Mommy's shoes (on or off).

Here he is grinning for the camera after he pulled a quilt top off the back of the chair at Mommy's sewing desk. Notice in the background the many ignored toys, including his Christmas stocking that we let him play with. Silly punkin.


Bath time continues to be an important time for Westley. He loves, loves, loves to splash and play and kick and really doesn't mind when water gets in his eyes or when his face gets wet. That bodes well for swimming lessons, which we have planned for 2011. We treat the bath like playtime rather than a necessary routine. He can't get enough of his bath toys, including his little blocks, a starfish fountain and Tempe, the temperature-taking turtle who we need to replace after water got into the display.

Our little baby is such a joy, and I can't wait for his first Christmas Eve and Christmas Day later this week! Love you, my little Wild West!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails