On Sunday, I was part of a trio with friends Nicole and Ann. We sang BarlowGirl's gorgeous song "Hallelujah, Light has Come" during all three services at Aldersgate. The lyrics are so meaningful to me this year:
"Hallelujah, we've been found
A child is born to save us now"
It was also a special Sunday because Westley had his first time in the nursery and attending children's time during the service. Pastor Kim talked about how the joy in our hearts at Christmas is like a bell ringing. If we let too many things weigh us down, our hearts can't sing with God's love. What a fabulous lesson.
Brian's parents and grandma joined us for the last service, and I snapped a few photos for them:


We decided to go to lunch together, and I suggested that Great-Grandma pick the place, considering she probably eats out less often than the rest of us. Janice suggested a couple of places, including Egg Crate Cafe. Grandma's eyes lit up. "Do they have waffles?" she asked. And our lunch plans were hatched. Fun morning.
"Hallelujah, we've been found
A child is born to save us now"
It was also a special Sunday because Westley had his first time in the nursery and attending children's time during the service. Pastor Kim talked about how the joy in our hearts at Christmas is like a bell ringing. If we let too many things weigh us down, our hearts can't sing with God's love. What a fabulous lesson.
Brian's parents and grandma joined us for the last service, and I snapped a few photos for them:
We decided to go to lunch together, and I suggested that Great-Grandma pick the place, considering she probably eats out less often than the rest of us. Janice suggested a couple of places, including Egg Crate Cafe. Grandma's eyes lit up. "Do they have waffles?" she asked. And our lunch plans were hatched. Fun morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment