3.05.2011

Boys 101

For Christmas, my sweet and thoughtful hubby gave me a couple of books about raising boys. I'm currently reading "How Do You Tuck in a Superhero? And Other Delightful Mysteries of Raising Boys" by Rachel Balducci. (Check out her delightful and fun blog Testosterhome.)

My brother is a decade older than me, so my childhood household was more "estrohome." (God bless Dad.) Yes, during the '90s, there was a long stretch of time when three teenage girls lived under one roof. Being two years apart, we were 13, 15 and 17 at the same time. (God bless us, every one.)

This hilarious, heartwarming and quirky collection of stories has served equally as an escape and a crash course. I've been reading it recently while burning calories on the YMCA stationary recumbent exercise bike.

Yes, fellow exercisers: I am that lady with her nose in a book snorting and giggling while you work up a sweat.

But I'm also that lady who fought back tears while reading this:

"The journey of motherhood centers on being the person God has chosen out of all humanity and space and time to care for these souls, these beings who will exist for all eternity."

Amen.

Westley and me, May 2010

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails